This article serves as a style guide for Wiki articles on this site. When writing in and editing the Wiki, please conform to these guidelines, as that will help us keep this resource clean and tidy.
Always remember that when writing anything, keeps things factual. Stick to hard facts and avoid any opinions or bias.
Different kinds of content may require specific formatting.
- For most instances, use Year-Month-Day formatting
- 2012-12-31 not 31-12-2012 or 12-31-2012
- For interviews, use a Month-Day-Year format, spelling out the month
- December 31st, 2012 not 31st of December, 2012
- Some templates may require a specific notation. For example, player infoboxes require the the month, day and year to be listed separately. These are rare and will not be encountered often.
List the date of the interview, the title of the interview(as a link), if the interview is in a non-text format(audio or video), if the interview is in a non-English language, and who the interview is with. If the interview is not in English and there is a translation available, be sure to link to that as well.
An example of the wikicode for an English video interview:
* January 19th, 2012 - [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNPJ3r0ghfI dignitas`Scarra meets Carmac, not famous Uszat (video)] ''with Intel Extreme Masters''
Which would produce the results:
- January 19th, 2012 - dignitas`Scarra meets Carmac, not famous Uszat (video) with Intel Extreme Masters
An example of the wikicode for a Russian text interview with an English translation:
* July 24th, 2012 - [http://pentanews.ru/download/24072012/pentanews.pdf "Interview with Genja" (Russian)] [http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/xfx6o/interview_with_m5benq_genja_pre_ecc_poland/ (English Translation)] ''with Penta News''
Which would produce the results:
An example of the wikicode for a Russian video interview with an English translation text:
* August 25th, 2012 - [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOIAx7aYFQ0 Интервью с M5.BenQ Diamond (Russian video)] [http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/ytshi/interview_with_m5diamondprox/ (English Translation)] ''with Place2Play''
Which would produce the results:
- August 25th, 2012 - Интервью с M5.BenQ Diamond (Russian video) (English Translation) with Place2Play
When adding a reference to a statement in an article, use the following formatting. Link to the source, use the title of the source(or a description of the page if it does not have a specific title), and italicize the name of the site being referenced.
<ref>[http://team-winfakt.net/news/151/El-Muppo-back-in-the-family El Muppo, back in the family!] ''team-winfakt.net''</ref>
If the source does not have a specific title(such as a Tweet or a Facebook post), describe the post as best as you can.
<ref>[https://twitter.com/Rinoaaa/status/238286099137589248 RiotRinoaaa Twitter Update] ''twitter.com''</ref>
Capital vs Lower case
- Champions and other units are capitalized
- Heimerdinger, not heimerdinger
- Purple Caster Minion, not purple caster minion
- Item names are capitalized
- Phantom Dancer, not phantom dancer
- Malady, not malady
- Compound expressions, such as Armor Penetration, Critical Strike are upper cased. However, when used in a more casual context and as a single word, they are lower case: arpen, crit
- Champions are always singular; Garen, Evelynn, Dr. Mundo not Garens, Evelynns, Dr. Mundos
- When giving the Hit Points of a unit, use Hit Points, HP or (sparingly) health . Do not use hp or hit points.
Names and Substitutions
- Do not abbreviate, unless stylistic diversity commands it. The following guidelines apply:
- Two Word units can be compressed when unambiguous
- Dr. Mundo --> Mundo
- Mejai's Soulstealer --> Soulstealer
- but not:B.F. Sword --> Sword
- The following substitutions are acceptable, generally, if your term is descriptive and functional, it can be used; They consist of representitive examples, use common sense to guess the remaining ones.
- Baron Nashor --> Baron
- Blue Buff --> Blue
- Red Buff --> Red
- When referencing professional gamers, use their most common nickname
- In info boxes and titles, feel free to use the complete nickname, including all capiltalisation and tags. Article names should only contain tags if they are vital for the identification of the player.
- HotshotGG or CLG HotshotGG
- For in line text, please use a normalised verison of the same nickname, removing all capitalisation and tags.
- The North American player HotshotGG is well known for his reactions to being trolled.
- When referencing professional teams you may use appreviations. If referring to the team multiple times in the same piece, try and alternate the names so that it does not become monotonous.
- MYM, Meet Your Makers
- In info boxes and titles, please use the complete name of the team.
- Team SoloMid, SK Gaming, Against All Authority
- When creating team rosters for team or tournament pages, refer to roles as their position.
- Top, AD Carry, Jungle, AP Carry, Support not Top laner, Jungler, Support player
- Note: Player pages are exempt from this rule.
- LasTLiE is the jungler for Team Awesome
- JBright is the Support player for Team Not-So-Awesome
- When uploading infobox images, please use the full name of the subject matter in question.
- Saintvicious.jpg, Nunu.png, Trinity Force.gif
- If possible, bold the first instance of the page's title within the text. This may be unnecessary for longer titles.
- Basic punctuation rules apply.
- Try to avoid use of excessive exlamation marks (!!) or quesiton marks (??)
- When using a hyphen to introduce a list of one item, or to change a thought mid-sentence, use a space before and after that hyphen:
- Here is a thought - I want to say something on a small tangent.
- When beginning a new sentence, use only a single space after a full stop (period).
- To obtain first blood, kill an enemy before anyone else dies. Obtaining first blood grants you bonus gold.
Punctuation in Lists
- Lists with individual items only do not have periods, if there are complete sentences, all itmes in the list have periods at the end.
- A list with sentences:
- This list has sentences.
- Each sentence has a period.
- This is a sentence about Teemo.
- Note that if a list has both items and sentences, full sentences receive a period, all the others may be left without.
- For numbers taken directly from League of Legends gameplay, use numerals
- Killing Baron Nashor grants each team member 300 gold and 900 experience points.
- For all other numbering up to twenty, use their corresponding English words.
- The unique passive of Mejai's Soulstealer stacks up to twenty times.
- For numbers above twenty, use numerals once again.
- The most wards you can carry at any single point in time is 30.