|Effects:||Metamorphoses the nearest allied siege minion into an anti-turret cannon, healing it, granting bonus stats, and causing it to grant the caster gold for its kills.|
Promote was a summoner spell in League of Legends available on Summoner's Rift, Twisted Treeline and Crystal Scar. It was removed in the v126.96.36.199 patch.
When most enemy champions are focusing on one lane or capture point, you may promote the minion in the other lane and you head to the other way. This strategy works on the opponents who only scan the champion icon on the mini-map, thus they are likely ignorant of the threat of the anti-turret cannon because it is not specially emphasized on the mini-map.
- Unlike in Dominion mode, Promote in Classic mode does NOT fully recover the minion's health, but gives it a slightly higher percentage of remaining health than its pre-Promote form. As such, a player should activate Promote immediately as long as the spell is ready and the siege minion is nearby.
- It is advisable to Promote a super minion that is near death, so its health may be fully recovered, therefore utilizing the full potential of the summoner spell.
- The anti-turret cannon is a great neutralizing unit. For best results, a player can voluntarily stand right next to the enemy minion spawn point. In order to attract the next minion wave so it does not slow the promoted minion's march towards the enemy capture point.
- Do not promote a super minion that is heading to the nearby allied capture point, unless that point is going to be neutralized by the enemy immediately. If the destination is void of battle, the minion will simply die to the nearby spawn point.
- Pay attention if there is more than one super minion nearby. Move closer to the super minion you want to promote (with lower health and marching to the enemy capture point) before activating the spell.
- The super minion spawned by destroying an enemy inhibitor in classic mode cannot be promoted.
- The promoted minion will give its host gold and score upon getting a kill, but not experience if the host stands too far from the slain enemy.
- Note that if there are two siege minions in the vicinity, Promote will be used on the closest one, regardless of if it has been promoted already. This may result in wasting Promote on an already promoted siege minion.
- Kills by a promoted minion do not trigger Twisted Fate's Loaded Dice and the passive from Ashe's Hawkshot.
- Promote was originally a summoner spell for the Classic mode which metamorphosed a regular minion into a siegerider. However, it was later removed along with the siegerider in the v188.8.131.52 patch due to abuse in Promote stacking, resulting in unstoppable pushes.
- This is no longer an issue since promote will now only promote siege minions.
 Patch History
- Summoner Ignite and Summoner Promote now break stealth when cast
- Added to Summoner's Rift
- Promotes the nearest allied siege minion, increasing its attack range, health, armor, and magic resist. 180 second cooldown base.
- Improved in the Utility tree - Improved Promote increases the defensive bonus stats of promoted minions by 15%
- Now usable at Summoner Level 8 (on both the Crystal Scar and Summoner's Rift), up from Summoner Level 1
- Promote has been removed until we can remake it to be better for casual pushing, but less useful when stacked
- Health per level increased from 150 to 160
v0.9.22.7 Talent REWORK
- While the cooldown is readied, physical attacks deal a bonus 15 damage to buildings
- Cooldown reduced from 300 to 270
July 10, 2009 Patch
- Base health of the rider reduced from 600 to 400
June 19, 2009 Patch
- Increased aura damage from 15 to 18
- Increased aura armor from 30 to 35
June 12, 2009 Patch REWORK
- No longer has cleaving attacks
- Now has a non-stacking +30 armor / 15 damage aura
June 6, 2009 Patch
- Fixed a particle bug with its cleave
- Reduced health per level from 250 to 150 (from 850-5,100 total to 750-3,300 total)
- Added a 33% damage reduction from turrets
May 29, 2009 Patch
- Promoted Minion damage increased from 50 to 64 (still has 80% to cleave)
May 23, 2009 Patch
- Increased bonus health per level from 200 to 250
- Increased Cleave percent from 80 to 100
May 9, 2009 Patch
- Siegerider's cleave percent increased from 40% to 80%
Alpha Week 5
- Minion health points changed from 2,000 hitpoints to 600 base hitpoints + 200 per champion level
Alpha Week 2
- Increased the Health bonus, but reduced the damage of the Summoner spell Promote